Fees for Personal Information Requests
The following fees apply to requests for personal information:
- Application Fee: $5.00 - must be paid when you submit your request
- Photocopying: $0.20 per page
- Computer Programming: $15.00 per ¼ hour if needed to develop program to retrieve information
- Disks: $10.00 for each disk
Where anticipated fees are $25.00 or more, you will be given a fee estimate.
If the estimate or fees to be paid is $100.00 or more, you must pay a 50% deposit before your request is processed.
For further information about fees under this legislation, contact
County of Essex
360 Fairview Avenue West
Essex, ON N8M 1Y6
Phone: 776-6441, Ext 1335
Depending on the nature of your request and the volume of records requested, there may be additional fees associated with your request, such as:
- Photocopies and computer printouts, $0.20 per page.
- CD’s, $10 for each CD.
- Manually searching a record, $7.50 for each 15 minutes spent by a person (n/a for accessing your own personal information).
- Preparing a record for disclosure, including severing a part of the record, $7.50 for each 15 minutes spent by any person (n/a for accessing your own personal information).
- Developing a computer program or other method of producing a record from machine readable record, $15 for each 15 minutes spent by any person.
- Costs, including computer costs, that the institution incurs in locating, retrieving, processing and copying the personal information requested if those costs are specified in an invoice that the institution has received.